Juanita Rd Blanca, CO 81123
25 min. to Blanca
25 min. to Alamosa
29 min to Smith Reservoir
44 min. Great Sand Dunes National Park
South of Highway 160
Contact us TODAY to make your downpayment to reserve this property
Your initial investment will be Downpayment + $299 Doc Fee
What to expect after you made your initial investment – Purchase Process
This property is just 15 minutes to Fort Garland and Blanca is just a bit further. You’ll be miles away from anyone so you can enjoy spending your days with just you and and the beautiful shrubs that cover the property! It’s too beautiful to pass up! Fishing, skiing, and hunting are all in your future when you buy this land. You have direct dirt road access that is maintained by the county and most importantly, you have mountain views all around!
If you have been looking for a place to enjoy with family and friends for years to come, this is it! You can fill your lungs with fresh air, have tons of fun in the great outdoors, and enjoy the amazing night sky and stare up at the millions of stars overhead.
Now is your chance to make a great investment in your financial future and OWN 4.78 acres in beautiful Costilla County Colorado. The process is simple and straightforward! You can make payments of only $159 a month with NO credit check or hidden fees. So what are you waiting for? Message me for all the details and get started down the road to property ownership!
S.L.V.R. UNIT 22 BLK 18 LOT 7. (226-788). (TD 395-815)
Vacant Lot – Residential
Blanca is a small mountain community that sits at the base of the 14,345 foot giant, Mt. Blanca, the fourth highest mountain in Colorado. Blanca Peak is a 19.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alamosa, Colorado that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.
Camping and Building
Camping is welcomed for 14 days, every three months. A long-term camping permit can be acquired from Costilla County.
A one-story home must be at least 600 square feet minimally. When purchasing property, the 5-acre lot will provide plenty of room to walk through the lush green of spring and early summer.
San Luis Valley Ranches allows manufactured homes, as long as they were developed after 1975. After purchasing land in the SLVR, you do not have to build on it. Your lot can be held, indefinitely.
SLVR has no HOA/POA! You can see detailed SLVR covenants – click here
FAQ about Costilla County, Colorado
What are the restrictions?
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
What are the utilities?
Our selective properties are close to homes or power lines. Most of the property owners in this area choose the following utility options:
- Power – Solar
- Water – Water Tanks or by Well
- Sewer – Septic
Closest Towns and attractions?
- City of Fort Garland – Population ~481 Home to a mission-style Catholic church and a couple of restaurants, the town is most noted for its namesake structure, the historic Fort Garland.
- City of San Luis – Population ~790
- City of Blanca – Population ~498
- City of Alamosa – Population ~9441 You will find an airport, university, hospital, and Walmart
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – Try “Sandboarding” at this national park!
- Mt Blanca – Hike up and check out Lake Como!
- Fishing – Several reservoirs are excellent for fishing and boating: Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir, and Mountain Home Reservoir. These reservoirs contain a variety of fish species such as walleye, pike, and several species of trout, bass, among others.
- Hunting – Costilla County offers some of the best big game hunting in Colorado. There is a “Greenbelt” that has over 5,000 acres set aside for hunting and recreation. The Trinchera Elk Herd in Game Management Unit 83 (Costilla County) is one of the largest in Colorado with an estimated Population of 16,000 elk. Over-the-counter bull licenses at the Post Commissary in Fort Garland for most Game Management Units.
- Mountain Biking – Angel Fire Resort has a really cool bike park that they’re always working on, adding to, and improving. It is the largest Bike Park in the Rockies and has been voted Best in the Southwest by MTBparks.com! With a summit elevation of 10,677 feet, the Angel Fire Bike Park offers lift-accessed downhill biking with over 60 miles of trails for all ages and abilities.
Are livestocks allowed?
Most of our properties are zoned residential and are not intended for agricultural use
Can I access the property year-round?
Most of our properties in Costilla County can be accessed via U.S. Highway 160 or Highway 159, a paved, two-lane highway. From Highway 159 or 160, access is via County Maintained dirt road. Most properties can be accessed with AWD vehicles in Fall, Summer, and Spring. Some higher altitude properties (mountain properties) can be harder to access in winter due to snowfall. We recommend buyers to visit properties by AWD/4WD vehicles, and off-road vehicles are optimal.
** South of Highway 160