An off-road vehicle is needed to access this property.
Could that be you? If you are looking for a place to spend time outdoors fishing, hiking, biking, camping, skiing, and hunting, then I have found the property for you! Just outside of Ft Garland, CO, this 4.79 acres is perfect for the person that loves to be outdoors and living life to the fullest. You can spend your days doing whatever you like and be far from anybody else. When you need supplies it’s only a short drive to town to reload. It’s perfect!
You’ll be close to the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range, the Great Sand Dunes National Park and so much more! The area is FULL of wildlife, streams, lakes, and hiking trails. You will NEVER be bored again on the weekends. Make this 4.79 acres your basecamp for fun and adventure. You can build an off grid cabin, or just camp before you set off for your fun filled days.
Own this amazing property for only $159 a month with NO credit check or prepayment penalties and make a great investment in your future. Where else can you spend under $160 a have something that will last for generations to come? Buying property is something you can afford! Email, text or call me to find out how simple the land buying process is!
Lot 11, Block 3, SAN LUIS VALLEY RANCHES, UNIT 1, County of Costilla, State of Colorado
Vacant Lot – Residential
Blanca is a small mountain community that sits at the base of the 14,345 foot giant, Mt. Blanca, the fourth highest mountain in Colorado. Blanca Peak is a 19.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alamosa, Colorado that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.
Camping and Building
Camping is welcomed for 14 days, every three months. A long-term camping permit can be acquired from Costilla County.
A one-story home must be at least 600 square feet minimally. When purchasing property, the 5-acre lot will provide plenty of room to walk through the lush green of spring and early summer.
San Luis Valley Ranches allows manufactured homes, as long as they were developed after 1975. After purchasing land in the SLVR, you do not have to build on it. Your lot can be held, indefinitely.
SLVR has no HOA/POA! You can see detailed SLVR covenants – click here
FAQ about Costilla County, Colorado
What are the restrictions?
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
What are the utilities?
Our selective properties are close to homes or power lines. Most of the property owners in this area choose the following utility options:
- Power – Solar
- Water – Water Tanks or by Well
- Sewer – Septic
Closest Towns and attractions?
- City of Fort Garland – Population ~481 Home to a mission-style Catholic church and a couple of restaurants, the town is most noted for its namesake structure, the historic Fort Garland.
- City of San Luis – Population ~790
- City of Blanca – Population ~498
- City of Alamosa – Population ~9441 You will find an airport, university, hospital, and Walmart
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – Try “Sandboarding” at this national park!
- Mt Blanca – Hike up and check out Lake Como!
- Fishing – Several reservoirs are excellent for fishing and boating: Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir, and Mountain Home Reservoir. These reservoirs contain a variety of fish species such as walleye, pike, and several species of trout, bass, among others.
- Hunting – Costilla County offers some of the best big game hunting in Colorado. There is a “Greenbelt” that has over 5,000 acres set aside for hunting and recreation. The Trinchera Elk Herd in Game Management Unit 83 (Costilla County) is one of the largest in Colorado with an estimated Population of 16,000 elk. Over-the-counter bull licenses at the Post Commissary in Fort Garland for most Game Management Units.
- Mountain Biking – Angel Fire Resort has a really cool bike park that they’re always working on, adding to, and improving. It is the largest Bike Park in the Rockies and has been voted Best in the Southwest by MTBparks.com! With a summit elevation of 10,677 feet, the Angel Fire Bike Park offers lift-accessed downhill biking with over 60 miles of trails for all ages and abilities.
Are livestocks allowed?
Most of our properties are zoned residential and are not intended for agricultural use
Can I access the property year-round?
Most of our properties in Costilla County can be accessed via U.S. Highway 160 or Highway 159, a paved, two-lane highway. From Highway 159 or 160, access is via County Maintained dirt road. Most properties can be accessed with AWD vehicles in Fall, Summer, and Spring. Some higher altitude properties (mountain properties) can be harder to access in winter due to snowfall. We recommend buyers to visit properties by AWD/4WD vehicles, and off-road vehicles are optimal.