Contact us TODAY to make your downpayment to reserve this property
Your initial investment will be Downpayment + $299 Doc Fee
What to expect after you made your initial investment – Purchase Process
** Easy dirt ** Hunters Paradise! It’s next to the 4000-acre ‘Green Belt’ which only property owners can hunt on for deer and elk. Pine trees that reach to the sky, with patches of Aspen trees scattered through the lot. Use this land for camping or Build your mountain cabin here. Property is sloped. We recommend buyers inspect the property to decide if it’s a good fit for their intended use.
Want to be outside the box? You can do it here in Costilla County Colorado. It’s a great place to be outdoors and enjoy your weekends or retirement living life to the fullest. This wooded property is just what you need to get outside of the box and enjoy your weekends and holidays on your OWN property!
Only $425 a month with NO hidden fees – or pay cash and save
• Located in Sangre De Cristo Ranches – NO HOA
• Camping and RVs allowed
• No Time Limit to Build!
• Low Taxes – Only $244.50 a year!
• Only 15 minutes to town
This 6.49 acres has easy access and is close to trophy hunting and fishing. There are mountains all around to hike, bike and climb. You can never run out of things to do here! Build your off grid cabin, or just camp, its up to you! This is a great investment in your future that you can use and enjoy now, so why wait? Become a property owner TODAY!
I will walk you through the entire process and be with you every step of the way. Its easier than you think! Give me a call or send an email and we can discuss the options. Only $425 a month and you can make this YOURS!
Drone Video Footage of the property:
Lot 5229 of Block 243 of SANGRE DE CRISTO RANCHES, UNIT N-2, according to the Plat thereof recorded in the Office of the Clerk and Recorder of Costilla County, San Luis, Colorado.
Vacant Lot – Residential
Hunting at SDCR
Hunting is well-supported in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches. Over 5,000 acres of Greenbelt are dedicated to public hunting and recreation. The Sangre de Cristo Ranches are located in Unit 83, which is home to a large population of grouse and elk. The elk population contains approximately 7,000 animals. For more variety, Costilla County is home to deer and antelope. If you are an avid hunter, there are several parcels above 9,000’ are nestled in the Greenbelt, or right outside the boundary of the Greenbelt.
Camping and Building
Camping is welcomed for 14 days, every three months. A long-term camping permit can be acquired from Costilla County.
One- or two-story homes can be built on these lots. A one-story home must be at least 600 square feet, while a two-story home must be 800 square feet, minimally. When purchasing property, the 5-acre minimum will provide plenty of room to walk through the lush green of spring and early summer.
Sangre de Cristo Ranches allows manufactured homes, as long as they were developed after 1975. After purchasing land in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches, you do not have to build on it. Your lot will be held, indefinitely.
SDCR has a optional HOA – For more details on land covenants in SDCR, click here
FAQ about Costilla County
What are the restrictions?
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
What are the utilities?
Our selective properties are close to homes or power lines. Most of the property owners in this area choose the following utility options:
- Power – Solar
- Water – Water Tanks or by Well
- Sewer – Septic
Closest Towns and attractions?
- City of Fort Garland – Population ~481 Home to a mission-style Catholic church and a couple of restaurants, the town is most noted for its namesake structure, the historic Fort Garland.
- City of San Luis – Population ~790
- City of Blanca – Population ~498
- City of Alamosa – Population ~9441 You will find an airport, university, hospital, and Walmart
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – Try “Sandboarding” at this national park!
- Mt Blanca – Hike up and check out Lake Como!
- Fishing – Several reservoirs are excellent for fishing and boating: Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir, and Mountain Home Reservoir. These reservoirs contain a variety of fish species such as walleye, pike, and several species of trout, bass, among others.
- Hunting – Costilla County offers some of the best big game hunting in Colorado. There is a “Greenbelt” that has over 5,000 acres set aside for hunting and recreation. The Trinchera Elk Herd in Game Management Unit 83 (Costilla County) is one of the largest in Colorado with an estimated Population of 16,000 elk. Over-the-counter bull licenses at the Post Commissary in Fort Garland for most Game Management Units.
- Mountain Biking – Angel Fire Resort has a really cool bike park that they’re always working on, adding to, and improving. It is the largest Bike Park in the Rockies and has been voted Best in the Southwest by MTBparks.com! With a summit elevation of 10,677 feet, the Angel Fire Bike Park offers lift-accessed downhill biking with over 60 miles of trails for all ages and abilities.
Are livestocks allowed?
Most of our properties are zoned residential and are not intended for agricultural use
Can I access the property year-round?
Most of our properties in Costilla County can be accessed via U.S. Highway 160 or Highway 159, a paved, two-lane highway. From Highway 159 or 160, access is via County Maintained dirt road. Most properties can be accessed with AWD vehicles in Fall, Summer, and Spring. Some higher altitude properties (mountain properties) can be harder to access in winter due to snowfall. We recommend buyers to visit properties by AWD/4WD vehicles, and off-road vehicles are optimal.