Contact us TODAY to make your downpayment to reserve this property
Your initial investment will be Downpayment + $299 Doc Fee
What to expect after you made your initial investment – Purchase Process
You will have all the Instagram photos you will ever need from this 5 acre property in Ft Garland Colorado.
General Information. Utility lines are located about 70ft East of the property.
Located in southern Colorado this spectacular 5.43 acre property is located in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, this is a spectacular area with snow capped mountain views and the ever changing Colorado skyscape.
About 100 homes have been built to date. the area is surrounded by lakes, streams and national forest. county maintained roads to the land. this parcel is located on a maintained county road. ideal to build now or hold for the future. this is a level parcel with great views of Mt. Blanca and close to town of ft. garland. mountain home reservoir is just a few minutes away. homes only, no full time camping or living in RV’s, trailers or motor homes.
The land is located on the West side of Highway 159 in Fort Garland, Colorado, 81133.
S.L.V.R. UNIT R BLK 20 LOT 16
Vacant Lot – Residential
Hunting at SDCR
Hunting is well-supported in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches. Over 5,000 acres of Greenbelt are dedicated to public hunting and recreation. The Sangre de Cristo Ranches are located in Unit 83, which is home to a large population of grouse and elk. The elk population contains approximately 7,000 animals. For more variety, Costilla County is home to deer and antelope. If you are an avid hunter, there are several parcels above 9,000’ are nestled in the Greenbelt, or right outside the boundary of the Greenbelt.
Camping and Building
Camping is welcomed for 14 days, every three months. A long-term camping permit can be acquired from Costilla County.
One- or two-story homes can be built on these lots. A one-story home must be at least 600 square feet, while a two-story home must be 800 square feet, minimally. When purchasing property, the 5-acre minimum will provide plenty of room to walk through the lush green of spring and early summer.
Sangre de Cristo Ranches allows manufactured homes, as long as they were developed after 1975. After purchasing land in the Sangre de Cristo Ranches, you do not have to build on it. Your lot will be held, indefinitely.
SDCR has a optional HOA – For more details on land covenants in SDCR, click here
FAQ about Costilla County
What are the restrictions?
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
What are the utilities?
Our selective properties are close to homes or power lines. Most of the property owners in this area choose the following utility options:
- Power – Solar
- Water – Water Tanks or by Well
- Sewer – Septic
Closest Towns and attractions?
- City of Fort Garland – Population ~481 Home to a mission-style Catholic church and a couple of restaurants, the town is most noted for its namesake structure, the historic Fort Garland.
- City of San Luis – Population ~790
- City of Blanca – Population ~498
- City of Alamosa – Population ~9441 You will find an airport, university, hospital, and Walmart
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – Try “Sandboarding” at this national park!
- Mt Blanca – Hike up and check out Lake Como!
- Fishing – Several reservoirs are excellent for fishing and boating: Eastdale Reservoir, Sanchez Reservoir, Smith Reservoir, and Mountain Home Reservoir. These reservoirs contain a variety of fish species such as walleye, pike, and several species of trout, bass, among others.
- Hunting – Costilla County offers some of the best big game hunting in Colorado. There is a “Greenbelt” that has over 5,000 acres set aside for hunting and recreation. The Trinchera Elk Herd in Game Management Unit 83 (Costilla County) is one of the largest in Colorado with an estimated Population of 16,000 elk. Over-the-counter bull licenses at the Post Commissary in Fort Garland for most Game Management Units.
- Mountain Biking – Angel Fire Resort has a really cool bike park that they’re always working on, adding to, and improving. It is the largest Bike Park in the Rockies and has been voted Best in the Southwest by MTBparks.com! With a summit elevation of 10,677 feet, the Angel Fire Bike Park offers lift-accessed downhill biking with over 60 miles of trails for all ages and abilities.
Are livestocks allowed?
Most of our properties are zoned residential and are not intended for agricultural use
Can I access the property year-round?
Most of our properties in Costilla County can be accessed via U.S. Highway 160 or Highway 159, a paved, two-lane highway. From Highway 159 or 160, access is via County Maintained dirt road. Most properties can be accessed with AWD vehicles in Fall, Summer, and Spring. Some higher altitude properties (mountain properties) can be harder to access in winter due to snowfall. We recommend buyers to visit properties by AWD/4WD vehicles, and off-road vehicles are optimal.